This has been a long time in the making! May I finally Introduce to you Akrep the The Scorpion Warrior! Originally scheduled to be completed in October last year, there have been many trials to bring her forth. True to her nature, every step of the way has been a battle! Every bit of it has been well worth it. She is tough, powerful and deadly! I’m very happy to give you this chance to see her!
I mentioned before that I have some new things planned for this year.
The first new thing is a plan to create coloring pages of the original released art!
The original line drawings will be converted to ink line drawings. The scenery and creatures / monsters will be simplified to make them more appropriate for coloring pages. The pages will be made available for digital download by purchase through my store here on my site!
Next is new watercolor art of all of the released art!
It starts with the ink drawings from the coloring pages! Using watercolors, the images will be brought to life!
Follow that with stickers!
The creature / monster watercolor art will be converted to stickers! This means the scenery will be removed giving the creatures / monsters a chance to really shine. There will be two sizes to choose from! Sets of three will be available for purchase through my store, as well!
How do you feel about stuffed toys?
Grotesque Moi!’s released creatures / monsters are on their way to become a bigger part (ok, a little bigger part) of our world! I’m working on the basic form designs to turn the released creatures / monsters into really great stuffed toys! You will be able to carry your favorite creatures anywhere with you! There will be one size for most of my creations available for purchase in my store, too!
The Grotesque Moi! illustrations will continue!
More Grotesque Moi! illustrations are on the way! The first one is close to being finished! there is also two more ready to start!
The show season is well underway! We have applications out to some of the bigger ones and waiting to see if we get in to them! Meanwhile, we are lining up events, markets and shows! Keep an eye out for where we’ll be next!
I hope everyone’s New Year is off to a great start! If you’ve made resolutions, I hope you have a great plan and succeed by the end of the year!
XT Illos has some new things coming this year, too! Before we get to that, I wanted to remind everyone that Grotesque Moi! has exclusive content on the creatures being created over on our Patreon account! There’s also a couple of reference videos that are free to download over there, too!
Speaking of Grotesque Moi!, there’s a couple of new things on the horizon! I’m looking into possibly doing stickers and coloring books. This means there will be a new set of flat color pieces done for these projects.
For XT Illos there will be some new tutorials and processing for some of the projects I’m working on there. The instructional videos will be made available to purchase by download. There’s quite a few projects that I have to choose from!
As for everyone who has been with me from the beginning I have a surprise for you coming up soon over on Patreon! Also, for any who is fairly recent, there will be something for you in the works too on Patreon!
I hope everyone will have a great and prosperous 2020!🎊🎉🍾🥳😁
I thought that I would share some updates with you! I’ve been more quite lately and I can finally tell everyone what I’ve been up to. Most importantly for the last few weeks I’ve been designing and hand crafting anniversary cards for my wife and daughter. (Yes! Our daughter has participated in every anniversary since she was born!) photos and videos of the cards to follow in a different post.
- Illustration number seven is still in process. I plan to continue it to completion. There are another six illustrations lined up to make the first set of thirteen.
- I had to rework parts of the background and struggled a bit with the main figure.
- It’s still on the schedule for completion.
- Commissions are still open for Fantasy Creature/Monster Portraits!
- Future Plans:
- A calendar of the first thirteen creatures is to be designed and offered either in the XT Illos Store or through an on demand print site.
- Three more waves of thirteen creatures to be created.
- A new calendar is to be created at the end of each set of thirteen creatures.
- Eventually there will be four calendar options.
- Fifty two creatures to be combined in a card set to be offered on a crowd funding site.
- Grotesque Moi! to continue production.
- Ba’anta world building development to pick back up.
- Some of the creatures developed in the Grotesque Moi! project will be representative of the races in Ba’anta.
- Visual novel with Creative Idiot E to begin development.
- Patreon promotions to be ramped up.
- Exclusive content from Grotesque Moi! is already available.
- Free original content reference videos are already available.
- Art Markets/Cons Vending results year one.
- Art markets have had very little flow of people attuned to my style of work and no revenue for my illustrations.
- Cons have had a good flow of people interested in my work and the revenue was barely better than the art markets.
- Increase con vending over the next year and try bigger cons.
- Overall production to slow down.
- Revenue is currently to low to support projects.
- Part time schedule to resume to allow hours for non-art work.
- look for more art revenue options for current XT Illos lines.
- Test other optional lines.
- Special occasion cards test market.
- Offer special occasion cards in XT Illos Store.
- Grotesque Moi! stickers test.
- Video Production
- Twenty minutes or less videos to start production on this site and Patreon.
- Process Videos
- Promotional Videos
- Twenty minutes or less videos to start production on this site and Patreon.
I’ve been working on the next creature illustration for Grotesque Moi!. As it usually happens, I’ve come to a point where I have to work out a design change.
I’m happy to finally present to you the inspiration that started this project. I present to you Id! The physical embodiment of the Freudian model of id, ego and super-ego. There is much to share about him that I will be posting in my Patreon. I can say that he has been around since before I understood who or what he is. It is truly thanks to Id that I’m here to share all of these things with you, today! Without further ado I give you Id!
I wanted to give you an update on things. First of all I have been busy putting things together to show my work in artist’s markets and planning to do some small (and possibly some large) conventions through this year and next! My daughter has joined me with her work this year and we’ve been showing together! I’m really enjoying having her share something that is so much a part of me! I’m looking forward to having her with me next year, as well! I’ve got my blog page back on my site and added Mailchimp for email signups and campaign notifications for everyone That’s signed up,
To set up for the artist’s markets and cons I’ve been making our:
- Table runners
- Adding mounts to table cloths/ banners/table runners/backdrop
- Creating banner extensions for the back drop
- Making the backdrop’s length adjustable for height restrictions
- Making the backdrop banner’s length adjustable for width restrictions
- Designs token coins to use at shows
- Creating picture frames for the first three Grotesque Moi! illustrations (still working on this one, maybe 1/3 of the way there)
- Designing a couple of table displays for prints
I will post more about the things I’ve been working on individually in future posts.
I hope you’ve had a great summer and are ready for the holidays!
To catch everybody up, we’ve been getting things together to start doing indoor and outdoor events. We attended our first artist’s market a couple of weeks ago. This was at Argosy Market:
Today we were able to show some of our work at The Bubble Hut. It’s on display until Friday afternoon! If you’re in the area please stop by and get a refreshing bubble tea, check out our display and maybe order som prints or your very own commission!
The latest creature entry for Grotesque Moi! is a frog person. The race is Anuran and can be found in murky bog marshes or subterranean grottoes. The color illustration is in the works and should be completed soon!